Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Matt Curtis - Blog entry #5



Former Mustangs great Mat Curtis shares his 5th installment of his experiences playing Pro basketball for TV Werne in Germany.


Hello all,
HELL YEAH its March!!!!! That means one thing, well two, St Patricks Day and NCAA basketball. I am very excited to watch some of the action. The NCAA (unlike the CIS) has done an excellent job with the webcasting of every game in decent quality. Its all available free through the NCAA and has alot of cool features.
It was frustrating trying to watch the feed of the ‘Stangs semi final playoff game at Lakehead. The feed at one point was just a stationary camera, then it went off and then the worst part, once it started rolling Paul Pappoaula (sp?) was on doing commentary; went from bad to worse in a hurry. I thought he was gonna go tackle Barbeau at one point, no wait he already did that.
That all aside, I was proud of how the team played, battling in a tough environment right until the end. Special congrats to the graduating seniors, Marcus, Brett and Andy on outstanding careers and I wish you luck in all your future endeavours. I will be unable to attend the Banquet in April unfortunately so congrats ahead of time.
As for me, not much is new here. We lost in the semi’s of our Cup, which was disappointing but with the squad we had at that time was to be expected. We are on a mini 3 game slide in which I am putting up some solid numbers, but without the help of our 3rd import who is injured, we are having problems finding ways to win games.
I am starting to evaluate my options for next season. I am exploring every opportunity available and am excited about the possibilities. I’ve put together some clips for teams to check out and you all can check out as well (see below).

Season ends April 16th, and April 19th I am off on a serious Eurotrip before returning May 8th. Going to visit Athens, Rome, Barcelona, Paris and Amsterdam (for the 3rd time). Should be a blast. I am excited to get back tho and start training for my new season, wherever that may be.
Other than that, not much to report from good ol’ Deutschland. Enjoy your March, best of luck to all your brackets and enjoy my boy JIMMER!!!!!!
Take Care
Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment