Monday, October 5, 2009

The Brad Smith Expereince Part I


From time to time former Mustang great Brad Smith, has agreed to send us an up-date on how he is doing overseas and describe his adventure of playing professional basketball for the Kent Crusaders. Below is his first installment:


Last Saturday we played our first game of the season. We played the Westminster Warriors who were just promoted last season from EBL division 3 up to division 2 for winning the division title. Apparently they are also one of the favourites for winning division 2. They were very guard heavy so it worked out well for me to get inside and score. We won 92-83 and I finished with 23 points, pretty good start to the season for Crusaders and I. This weekend we play Edmonton and I have been told they are a solid club as well. It should be a tough game because 5 of our players have been very sick this week, and two of which have been diagnosed with the swine flu, one of them being our starting point guard! From what I hear, the swine flu is not as bad here in England, but it still scares me that two of my teammates have it. We are only going to have 7 or 8 guys for the game so it will be interesting. Other than that, I am having a great time here. Everyone seems to like my game, and I am told there are not a lot of "big men" in England basketball, so they tell me that I am a luxury to have, especially my coach (as you can read in our first match report). My roommates are two great guys and our house is in a prime location. The town of Canterbury is very nice, there is so much history here. I am looking forward to seeing the score and game report of the alumni game, I wish I could be there to go to work on the old team, hopefully BC can handle the tough match-ups this year. Anyways, I'll check in every now and then with more updates and pictures, and good luck to the 'Stangs this season.

Brad Smith.

No comments:

Post a Comment