Thursday, January 28, 2010

Brad Smith Blog: Part 4

Hello again!
Back in England for part two of the season with the Crusaders, and it was bitter-sweet coming back. Good to be back and see my house mates, and team mates, but also tough to leave behind family and friends. I had such a great time at home, and it was also fun to see the old team. Found it a little weird watching the ‘stangs for the first time from the sidelines. Coach Tweedie assures me that I will get used to it, and I guess I will have to believe him for once. Have played two games since being back, won one and lost one. The first game we looked the best we have all season, having lots of different new sets to go to, we handled a decent middle-of-the pack Northumbria team quite nicely. Our second game this past weekend did not go as well. Playing the league favourites Durham at their gym (which is a 5 hour drive away) proved to be a difficult task. They play the most physical of all the teams we have faced this season, and we kept it close up to the fourth, but ran out of gas only having seven players with us. Things are looking up though with the team, we seem to be improving every week, and hopefully we can get a decent spot in the playoffs.
As sad as it is, I am missing television at home. It is prime time sports season with the NFL coming to a close, the NBA and college ball being in full swing, and I can’t even watch it. All the sports they play here is soccer, and maybe the occasional darts or snooker. I am getting used to soccer, but there is only so much I can handle, I need some variety! It is especially going to be tough not being able to watch the Olympics, hopefully the men’s hockey team can somehow win gold again. That is all for now, should get another update out again soon, but until then best of luck to the mustangs as always,
cheerio,

Brad Smith.

No comments:

Post a Comment