Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Oakville's Charlie Drouin Commits to Mustangs





Report By Robert Hilson - Mustangs Athletics

London, ON - The Univeristy of Western Ontario men's basketball team is proud to announce the commitment of 6’6 forward, Charlie Drouin (Oakville, ON).

Drouin, considered one of the top high school forwards in Canada is enrolled at Oakville Next Level
Prep program program. He was a standout at Oakville St. Thomas Aquinas in 2008-2009 where he led
the school to an Ontario Federation of School Athletic Associations (OFSAA) AA championship in
2009 and a bronze medal in 2010. In 2009, he scored a game-high 20 points in their dramatic 55-53 overtime win for the gold medal.

At the club level, Drouin is a member of the Burlington Panthers.

Drouin commented that "I chose Western because I like the school. I like the people and the facilities
are top notch. Western's basketball program is a high quality program and the coaches made me feel
very welcome on my two visits. I appreciate how Western treats student-athletes and I believe they will
assist in my development both academically and athletically. I am tremendously excited to begin my
career at Western and help them complete for championships."

Mustang head coach, Brad Campbell indicated that "We are very excited Charlie has committed to
our program. He is a versatile forward and a strong competitor. Charlie is a winner and does the
little things that it takes to win basketball games. Charlie has a bright future in the purple and white".

The University of Western Ontario men's basketball team will travel to Hamilton tomorrow to
compete in the Ontario University Athletics (OUA) quarter-finals. The Mustangs will face McMaster
University at the Burridge Gymnasium at 7:00 PM.
- MUSTANGS -

No comments:

Post a Comment