Thursday, May 5, 2011

Larry Blyth Commits to Mustangs


By Andrew Simpson Mustangs Athletics

Click Here for on-line version

LONDON, Ont. - The Western Mustangs men's basketball program is pleased to announce that Larry Blyth, from Walnut Grove high school in Langley, B.C. has committed to join the Mustangs for the 2011-12 season.

Blyth, a 6'5" forward will provide an immediate impact to the Western frontcourt. Blyth was a member of the 2010 under 17 B.C. provincial team. He had 23 points and 17 rebounds against Vancouver College in the 2011 AAA B.C. provincial tournament.
Blyth maintains over a 90% average academically and will be enrolled in the engineering program at Western in the fall. Blyth looks forward to his university career, both in the classroom and on the court.

"Western was simply the right fit for me, academically and athletically. It is a place where I know I will be able to grow as a player and as a person. I am stepping into a very good situation at Western with a young, competitive team; I feel I will be able to contribute and make an impact right away," Blyth said
"Coach Campbell has built a tough, hard-nosed basketball environment and I feel it is a good fit for me and I will flourish in this setting. London is a great university city; I look forward to spending my next five years there and I am very excited about the opportunity I have as a Mustang."
Head coach Brad Campbell is enthusiastic about Blyth's potential.
“We are very pleased to welcome such an outstanding student athlete into our program. He is a versatile forward who can play both inside and on the perimeter," Campbell said. "Larry plays physical and is a tremendous rebounder and will give us immediate help up front."

No comments:

Post a Comment