Sunday, October 17, 2010

The Matt Curtis Experience Blog #2

Matt Curtis
Former Mustang great Matt Curtis '09 with his second blog post. Matt is currently playing for TV Werne in the German pro league.


Gutten Tag (Good Day)
                 Hello to all in the blog-o-sphere. Hope all is well with everyone and you all enjoyed your thanksgiving dinners. Mine for the first time ever did not consist of turkey, which was a little disappointing, but the schnitzel more than made up for it.
                 I saw the first pre-season game was a success and it looks as if the hard work of September is paying off. Also saw that half court shot. Pretty insane. Great contest by DY-LAN though, solid D. Hahaha, I can hear him now “Dont hate guy, I played the NICCCCEST D” Also I bet there was a battle between Adam and him for the triple XL shorts before the game too??  Anyways, all that aside, looks as though you guys are on the right track.  
                Things are going well over here too. We are now 2-2, with a win in our first cup game. This is normal here, we have a “Pokal”, which means cup, and it’s basically a tournament in betwixt (always wanted to use that word) our season. Had a heartbreaker in our last league game. We lost by 1 at the buzzer. Apparently I packed that bad luck with me and brought it over here. It was a good game though, I played pretty well (18 pts 5assist and 4 rebounds). We were down by 13 in the first quarter but battled back and were up one with 5.6 seconds left. The go ahead basket by us was created by yours truly, I had an open look for 3 in the corner. But I saw our guys had the weak side boxed out, SOOO....I STRATEGICALLY shot an airball long, right into our 6’10 centres hands, and he layed it in. Does not show up on the score sheet as an assist, but it was a purple heart kind of play. Nevertheless, they came down and hit some stupid shot and they won.....figures.
                We have a monster big game today in Munster. They are league favourites and want to move up a league next year, so it will be an interesting game no doubt. Plus apparently we do not like them, so I will treat them like every other team in the OUA West.
                I will attempt to keep you all updated, but between watching CNN (the only English channel) and .......well thats all I do so I will keep you all updated...Take care and continued successes. Good luck today vs Algoma. STAMPEDE!!

Frieden
Matt Curtis

No comments:

Post a Comment